[sisyphus] Fwd: [elinks-users] [ANNOUNCE] elinks-0.5pre7 (Skyrider)

Alexey Tourbin =?iso-8859-1?q?at_=CE=C1_altlinux=2Eru?=
Чт Окт 16 12:08:02 MSD 2003

Кто-нибудь хочет попробовать?
Кроме всего прочего, работают табы.

----- Forwarded message from Petr Baudis <pasky на ucw.cz> -----

Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:54:23 +0200
From: Petr Baudis <pasky на ucw.cz>
Subject: [elinks-users] [ANNOUNCE] elinks-0.5pre7 (Skyrider)
To: elinks-users на linuxfromscratch.org

  Hello,

  here goes 0.5pre7. There is some cool stuff out there, actually
interesting even for the ordinary ELinks userbase. 256 colors is there
(by Jonas), if you enable it through ./configure - and it looks awesome!
The another important things are regexp searches (by kuser) and other
search improvements (by me) (see if you'll notice them). Also quite a
lot of various other bugs is fixed; this is not a primarily bugfix
release, though. I'd hope pre8 will be (actually, it is already ;), and
I would be really happy to see 0.4.3 to get out of the doors. Jonas
volunteered to maintain 0.4, so let's see what will he manage to do >:).
He's working together with Peter Gervai to smash some of the bugs hidden
in the Debian BTS.

  This is not stable. It should crash to you, if it will, though, please
tell us so that we can go and frown at the code so long that it will
start to fear and reorder itself into a stabilized chunk. However, there
is a lot of various minor problems and weird things and strange
behaviours and so on. A lot of them is in Bugzilla
(http://bugzilla.elinks.or.cz/ - nameserver should get it right
finally!), but some didn't arrive there yet --- if you will encounter
any new one, please file a bug.

  Translators! Translators! Translators!

  Please go and poke at the language files. Try to update them.
Translation updates are encouraged and patches welcomed, as well as new
translations. Since the amount of messages needing to be translated is
huge, you do not need to do it all at once, I will accept gradual
patches updating just smaller portions of the translations as well. And
if you will work on it hard enough, you will receive CVS write access
;-) (FYI: fabio, witekfl and vinnui did).

  Note that I have plenty of stuff queued. Well not so many, but there's
something. Off my head I know of some stuff from Radim Kolar (deflate
decode patch which is still sitting in my refactoring facility and some
interesting bug report) and few other stuff. It's certainly more, and I
hope I didn't miss anything, but if I didn't mention you right now,
resubmitting won't do any harm :-).

  So, the main changes in elinks-0.5pre7 are:

  * palette.inc included ;-)
  * Fixed problems with decoding some stuff full of strange chars - this
could actually get quite annoying when displaying binary files ;-)
  * Fixed problem with communication with some exotic HTTPS servers
through GNUTLS
  * Fixed handful of strange crashes
  * <li> rendering fixes
  * Forms crash fix from Links-0.99pre9 (please stress the frames
support, especially compared to elinks-0.5pre6, so that we can be sure
nothing *broke* (yes, we are broken as we are, but we need to know if we
aren't broken even more through this rather arcane fix))

  * 256 colors support (need to enable at configure time, eats a little
bit more memory on _all_ documents now, works if TERM=xterm-256color and
the xterm actually supports it [reasonably recent XF86's xterm should])
  * Regex searches, case sensitivity control, searching usage
improvements

  * Possibility to have both Guile and Lua scripting enabled at once
  * $ELINKS_CONFDIR behaviour slight alternation (/elinks not appended,
ELinks will try to create it)
  * -confdir commandline option
  * Send Pragma (and Cache-Control): no-cache also when reloading
  * Usage of tabindex is now optional
(document.browse.links.use_tabindex, by default still on)
  * Portability enhancements (AIX, Cygwin)
  * TITLE is now accepted also outside of physical HEAD tagpair

  * RPM spec improvements
  * elinks.vim update
  * --disable-mouse ./configure option
  * Listbox items are highlighted in addition to asterisking when marked
  * ui.startup_goto_dialog is now by default enabled
  * REV links are now printed correctly

  * French translation updates
  * Italian translation updates
  * Polish translation updates
  * Czech translation updates
  * Hungarian translation updates
  * Danish translation updates

  Please see ChangeLog for full list of changes and credits (together with
AUTHORS).

  The ELinks itself may be now found at http://elinks.or.cz/.

  BTW, I've generated some nice small commits table, so if you wonder about
who's doing most of the stuff now...

-- ELinks commit statistics from 0.5pre6 (exclusive):
Total commits: 318
pasky   Petr Baudis        54 commits  16.9%
zas     Laurent Monin      52 commits  16.3%
fonseca Jonas Fonseca     137 commits  43.0%
miciah  Miciah Dashiel      2 commits   0.6%
fis     Jan Sembera         0 commits   0.0%
witekfl Witold Filipczyk   11 commits   3.4%
kuser   Karsten Sch?lzel   50 commits  15.7%
fabio   Fabio Bonelli       9 commits   2.8%
vinnui  Varga Bal?zs        3 commits   0.9%

PS: Again, you're welcomed to join #elinks at irc.freenode.net, if you want to
see ELinks developers alive! :)

PPS: If you don't know yet, we've a bugzilla at http://bugzilla.elinks.or.cz/.

  Happy autumn it's-damn-cold-out-here hacking,

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.