[sisyphus] libmss

Someone Unknown =?iso-8859-1?q?someone=5Flists_=CE=C1_bk=2Eru?=
Вт Мар 25 22:58:25 MSK 2003

В сообщении от 25 Март 2003 22:31 Герасимов Дмитрий написал:
> Приветствую!
> Тут некая софтина попросила вот такого
> [dima на localhost nwn]$ ./nwmain
> ./nwmain: error while loading shared libraries: libmss.so.6: cannot
> пояснения. nwmain - это линуксовый клиент игрушки NeverWinterNights,
> использует SDL.. все либы к SDL вроде стоят, но что такое mss чтото
> в голову не приходит.. подскажите?

Found this on a forum linked from here, but I thought it would be useful
if it was here. Hopefully it's correct - apparently it worked on Debian
- I'm going to try it shortly.

 Here's what to do:

Install using ravage's installer. (for me I put it in
/usr/local/games/nwn)

cd /usr/local/games/nwn

wget
ftp://alienhazard:isgay@punkrocker.servehttp.com/nwn-linux-patch1.29.zip

wget http://icculus.org/~dolson/files/patch.key

wget
http://nwdownloads.bioware.com/neverwinternights/linux/129/nwclient129beta2.tar.gz
unzip nwn-linux-patch1.29.zip

rm -rf miles

tar zxvf nwclient129beta1.tar.gz

sh fixinstall

chown -R dana.dana *

chown dana.dana /usr/local/games/nwn

su dana

./nwn <-- that runs the game.

./dmclient <-- that runs the DM client.

 If it crashes on you, you'll have to do this:

cp miles/* /usr/local/lib/

cd /usr/local/lib

rm libmss.so.6 libmss.so

ln -s libmss.so.6.5.2 libmss.so.6

ln -s libmss.so.6 libmss.so

ldconfig

or some other method of making it realize the miles libraries are there.