[sisyphus] Дерево папок в courier-imap

Dmitry Lebkov =?iso-8859-1?q?dima_=CE=C1_sakhalin=2Eru?=
Ср Авг 13 20:56:41 MSD 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:23:08 +0400
Lubimov Alexey <avl на l14.ru> wrote:

> Dmitry Lebkov пишет:
>
> >On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:29:34 +0400
> >Lubimov Alexey <avl на l14.ru> wrote:
> >

> >>Я смотрю, все папки на courier-imap видятся как подпапки в inbox.
> >>В инете написано. что так и надо.
> >>Можно ли сделать, чтобы Sent Drafts и Outbox были таки отдельно от
> >>входящих? Или это нереально?
> >>

> >Насколько я помню - нереально.  В начале эта фича IMAPa меня просто
> >"убивала". А сейчас - ничего, вроде привык .... %)
> >

> uw-imap легко позволяет.
> Так что это фича исключтельно курьера...
> Возможно я чего не понял и это вообще последствия виртуального
> хостинга...

/usr/share/doc/courier-imap-2.0.0/FAQ.imap:

*I can't create any top-level folders, only subfolders of INBOX

 This  is a configuration issue with your mail client. IMAP servers
are   free  to  use  any  folder  namespace  arrangement  that's
technically   convenient  for  them. Courier-IMAP uses "INBOX." as the
namespace for   private  folders,  and  "shared." as the namespace for
public, shared,   folders. The IMAP NAMESPACE extension (see
   http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2342.txt)   allows  IMAP  clients
to automatically discover where the server creates folders, and your
IMAP client should implement it.

   This  should  be  completely  transparent  to you, if your IMAP
client properly  uses  the  NAMESPACE  extension. If your IMAP client
were to automatically take advantage of self-configuration features
offered by   RFC  2060  and  RFC 2342, it would automatically discover,
without any   additional configuration from the user, that:
    1. The folder namespace hierarchy separator is the . character
    2. Private folders are stored underneath the "INBOX." hierarchy
    3. Public folders are stored underneath the "shared." hierarchy

   If you have to explicitly create folders that are subfolders of
INBOX,   or if you explicitly have to name that "INBOX.foldername", this
is due   to your IMAP client not being able to configure itself
accordingly.

WBR, Dmitry Lebkov