[ALTSP] Fwd: [Ltsp-developer] Scanning support added.

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Sat Sep 12 18:12:25 UTC 2009

FYI

PS: ищется адекватный майнтейнер пакета ltsp, я -- своповатый :)

----- Forwarded message from Scott Balneaves <sbalneav/legalaid.mb.ca> -----

Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 10:24:22 -0500
From: Scott Balneaves <sbalneav/legalaid.mb.ca>
To: ltsp-developer/lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Ltsp-developer] Scanning support added.

Hello fellow LTSP-ers:

I've added a small addition for scanning support under LTSP:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ltsp-upstream/ltsp/ltsp-trunk/revision/1363

Essentially, if you've installed the appropriate packages for your distro in
the chroot, and set SCANNER=True in your lts.conf, saned -a will be executed.

This relies on the following:

1) You've got a more modern saned that supports the -a option (standalone
daemon mode with no inetd needed).  Saned seems to have had this for at least
the last year or so.
2) A scanner that saned supports "out of the box"

We'll need to have ltsp-build-client install the appropriate package.  I know
for debian and ubuntu this is sane-utils, and I beleieve for yum this is
sane-backends, but perhaps warren can confirm this.  I'm not sure exactly where
to add this package requirement.  Pointers anyone?

Cheers,
Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | No furniture so charming as books.
Systems Department |     -- Sydney Smith

----- Forwarded message from Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant/freegeek.org> -----

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 10:24:22AM -0500, Scott Balneaves wrote:
> Essentially, if you've installed the appropriate packages for your distro in
> the chroot, and set SCANNER=True in your lts.conf, saned -a will be executed.

rockin! a much-requested feature.

> This relies on the following:
>
> 1) You've got a more modern saned that supports the -a option (standalone
> daemon mode with no inetd needed).  Saned seems to have had this for at least
> the last year or so.
> 2) A scanner that saned supports "out of the box"

> We'll need to have ltsp-build-client install the appropriate package.  I know
> for debian and ubuntu this is sane-utils, and I beleieve for yum this is
> sane-backends, but perhaps warren can confirm this.  I'm not sure exactly where
> to add this package requirement.  Pointers anyone?

i would just make sure to add it in comments on that part of the code block, as
distro packaging is done outside of the ltsp-trunk branch. for debian, i'll
just make sane-utils a dependency or recommends on ltsp-client.

live well,
  vagrant

 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>