[ALTSP] Fwd: [Ltsp-developer] Boot optimization for LTSP and ltspfs weirdness

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Wed Dec 23 14:27:09 UTC 2009

----- Forwarded message from Stephane Graber <stgraber/ubuntu.com> -----

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:05:41 -0500
From: Stephane Graber <stgraber/ubuntu.com>
To: ltsp-developer/lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Ltsp-developer] Boot optimization for LTSP and ltspfs weirdness

Hello,

While working on porting LTSP to upstart for Ubuntu and any other distro
support it, I've been doing a few bootcharts, something weird I noticed
is ltspfs' behavior.

It looks like it's called by udev at some point during the boot (I don't
have anything plugged in, nor a CD-Rom reader) and spawns a LOT of
grep/env/awk.

You can see the bootchart here :
http://www.stgraber.org/download/ltsp-bootchart-lucid.png

If someone knows what's going on here and is interested in fixing it or
helping me fixing it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

PS: That boot is a simple Ubuntu boot with getltscfg spawned by upstart,
monitor_nbd spawned by upstart and finally a X + ldmdialog spawned once
the boot process is over.

--
Stephane Graber
Ubuntu developer