[kbd] [ANNOUNCE] kbd-2.6-rc1

Alexey Gladkov gladkov.alexey at gmail.com
Mon May 8 16:48:55 MSK 2023

kbd 2.6-rc1 Release Notes
-------------------------

The kbd-2.6-rc1 is available at

https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kbd/kbd-2.6-rc1.tar.gz
https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kbd/kbd-2.6-rc1.tar.xz
https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kbd/kbd-2.6-rc1.tar.sign

Changes
-------

libkfont:
* Leverage KD_FONT_OP_GET/SET_TALL font operations. The new
  KD_FONT_OP_GET/SET_TALL font operations allow to load fonts taller
  than 32 pixels by dropping the VGA-specific vertical pitch limitation
  (requires kernel 6.2 or later).
* Use threadsafe strtok_r.
* Increase soname version.

setvtrgb:
* Fix read from pipe. The pipe is not rewindable, but we don't really
  need to rewind() but we need to unread one character.

keymaps:
* i386/dvorak/dvorak-de.map: Add dvorak-de.map from console-data.
* i386/qwerty/is-latin1.map: the circumflex should also be available in
  its original level-3 position.
* i386/qwerty/la-latin1.map: Convert the characters expressed in Latin-1
  to the named constants, to ease up transition to Unicode.
* pine/en.map: New version of pinephone keyboard map file.

unimaps:
* Add mapping for U+25CF. The unicode maps in font files like
  eurlatgr.psfu and cp850-8x16.psfu have an entry for U+25CF, but the
  plaintext unimap files do not.

tests:
* Use strace to track syscalls. Now strace is powerful enough to show
  ioctls specific to console configuration.

Git repository

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/legion/kbd.git

Feedback and bug reports, as always, are welcomed.

--
Rgrds, legion