[kbd] U+f000 and above

Pooya Taherkhani ptaherkhani at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 02:54:12 MSK 2021

Hi there,

I cannot load Farsi keymap because a decision was made here:

to prevent it from loading.  Interestingly, a secondary reason cited by
Michael Schutte to prevent the Farsi keyboard from loading is (from link
above):

As far as I can tell, there are no widespread keymap files which use
this feature.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anybody could direct me to some instructions
on how to load Farsi keyboard.

Here is the command that I enter and the error I get:

[pooya at thinkpad ~] sudo loadkeys fa
[sudo] password for pooya:
unicode keysym out of range: U+FDFC
syntax error, unexpected ERROR, expecting NUMBER or LITERAL or PLUS or
UNUMBER

Thank you!
-Pooya

Pooya Taherkhani