[kbd] Plus instead acute accent

Daniel G. audobra at gmail.com
Sat May 30 12:27:08 MSK 2020

Hi:
Sorry for top posting, but after after considering and trying your answers
I've found out that the issue is more related with this.

If you try to load de Spanish keymap with:
$ loadkeys es

It takes you "somewhere" with a Spanish misconfigured map that shows the ñ
correctly, but with some issues with the acute accents, which appear, for
example, as +a instead of a-acute. I have no idea of which "default" map
could it be.

But if you put the absolute path to the map, the problem is fixed.
$ loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/es.map.gz

I can't tell if it happens with other keymaps, because its hard to guess
with only an Spanish keyboard.

Although it can be a solution, I'm interested in understanding what can be
the problem. Maybe a cross-compilation problem?

Thank you!

--
Daniel Gutiérrez