[kbd] While we're on norwegian keymaps: prefer qwerty keymap

Erlend Pedersen :. erlendpe at online.no
Sun Oct 14 23:32:25 MSK 2018

on., 10.10.2018 kl. 08.45 +0200, skrev Alexey Gladkov:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 09:19:16PM +0200, Erlend Pedersen :. wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Both the dvorak and qwerty norwegian maps are in files named
> > "no.map".
> > In NixOS, this clash yields me the dvorak map instead of the qwerty
> > one
> > when I specify a "no" keymap. I can tell you that makes supplying a
> > very long password for decrypting har drives very interesting for a
> > poor qwerty keyboard user! :)
> >
> > I suspect most distros just quietly rename the dvorak/no.map file
> > keep it from causing problems. Perhaps the problematic keymap could
> > be
> > renamed here, at the source, instead?
>
> Why you can not just load "dvorak/no" keymap ?

I'm sorry; I didn't explain very well, so I think you got it backwards.

Almost all Norwegian users use a qwerty layout, and would hence expect
a simple "no" to load a qwerty layout. Instead, it yields a dvorak
layout. It's just a weird default. Renaming the dvorak/no.map to
dvorak/dvorak-no.map achieves two things:

  1. The default "no" map becomes qwerty.

  2. The Norwegian dvorak map has a name that is consistent with all
the other dvorak/*.map files. Right now, the Norwegian map is the only
one without a "dvorak-" prefix.

--
Erlend Pedersen :. <erlendpe at online.no>