[kbd] [Enhancement] Add hostname to message on locked screen

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at yandex.ru
Fri Jun 2 08:23:19 MSK 2017

Hello,
** Vladimir Lomov [2017-06-01 22:54:47 +0800]:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to propose small enhancement: to add to the message on locked
> screen information about current host. May be it is worth to store the
> same information in syslog, I don't have any opinion.
>
> I attached small patch that works (basically) on my system (Archlinux
> x86_64).

I was too optimistic. On one host patched vlock works as expected but on
other one it output (null) instead of host name. Seems that my
assumption that env. variable HOSTNAME is always set is wrong, esp.
according to environ(7). I prepared another patch that should work in
most cases.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
[Wisdom] is a tree of life to those laying
hold of her, making happy each one holding her fast.