[kbd] Brazilian (br-abnt2) keymap update

Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira vini.ipsmaker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 06:28:50 MSK 2014

I made a patch to add support for two new key combinations on the br-abnt2
layout and I'd like to see this change implemented on the upstream project
to be released on a future stable version.

This patch adds support for the key combinations "AltGr + Q = /" and "AltGr
+ W = ?", which are correct with respect for the br-abnt2 layout, as you
can see on wikipédia[1] and photos from several brazilian keyboards[2][3].

Some keyboards for latops with br-abnt2 layout (notably from the ThinkPad
series) disrespect the standard and don't provide a reliable means to use
the character/key "/", which is essential for system administration.
Fortunately, the altgr + q and altgr + w key combinations let the user to
use these characters (slash and question). The patch adds support for their
use on console.

Xorg already supports these key combinations for some time and the patch
only updates the console counterpart.

I'm attaching the patch (generated with git format-patch) in this email.
Let me know if I need to do anything else to have the patch accepted.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key#Brazilian_ABNT2_keymap
[2]
http://mlb-s2-p.mlstatic.com/teclado-lg-r410-r480-branco-original-novo-br-abnt2-c-c-12912-MLB20069137835_032014-F.jpg
[3]