[kbd] Changing bépo layout name

sinma eichi237 at mailoo.org
Mon Sep 23 00:13:30 MSK 2013

Hello,

You (Alexey) have changed the bepo layout file from fr-dvorak-bepo to dvorak-
fr-bepo… That’s a bit annoying for users.

We think that’s a good thing to change the name, something simple and that
doesn’t refer to dvorak-fr anymore to prevent confusion with dvorak-fr (which
is a very different layout), and be consistent with the X.org naming.

Since almost nobody aren’t in UTF-8 (and if it’s the case, they just can don’t
use the utf-8 symbols), can you rename `dvorak-fr-bepo-utf8` to `bepo` and
delete the other keymap?

The users configuration will break if you make this changes…

If you’re planning to release a minor update soon, I will contact the Gentoo
and Arch Linux to include an update note (and to inform Bépo users that they
can get rid of the manual installed files).

Else (if kbd make his way in big distros like Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSuse), it
might be best to put symlinks.

Thanks by advance,

sinma