[kbd] kbd and vlock -n functionality

Alexey Gladkov gladkov.alexey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 00:11:00 MSK 2013

30.01.2013 13:54, Manuel Moraga wrote:
> I'm using arch linux, but that shouldn't matter.

It matters actually.

> I'm using the
> vlock-2.2.3-1 package. the one you have found is very old. It seems the old
> vlock website is down, but you can find the git repo here:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/vlock.git. It seems the fedora project used the legacy
> vlock. This is not the case for other ditributions such as arch linus,
> gentoo and ubuntu which all use the newer vlock2. For example here is a
> manpage for vlock from ubuntu which has the -n option:
> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/hardy/man1/vlock.1.html

In different distributions there are different versions of vlock. This
happened because for long time vlock project was abandoned. ALTLinux
and Fedora had same version of vlock. Some time ago, i merged
altlinux's version. Later i merged patches from Fedora. This version
is not a replacement for vlock-2... at least for now.

Archlinux maintainer was wrong if he replaced vlock-2 by kbd-vlock.

--
Rgrds, legion