[kbd] kbd and vlock -n functionality

Manuel Moraga mmoraga at kth.se
Mon Jan 28 18:33:14 MSK 2013

Hi,
I've recenty had a conflict between the old vlock package and the new kbd
package. I understand the vlock package has been deprecated, unfortunately
not all functionality that the old vlock package came with has been
imported into kbd. For example the ability to use vlock -a -n which
switches to a new tty before locking all to achieve locking the complete
system (even the X-session). What design choices are behind this? I don't
really have a good overview over your project history so there is probably
a good reason as to why you have chosen to deprecate an old package before
importing all it's functionalities into the new one!

- Manuel