[kbd] Feature Request: add the setvtrgb utility

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 4 15:02:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Alexey Gladkov <gladkov.alexey at gmail.com> wrote:
> 04.04.2011 18:24, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
>>> Historically, all authors are listed in the COPYING. Of course, I have
>>> listed you among the authors. Look at my commit.
>>>
>>> Is it ok for you ?
>>
>> Looks good!  Thanks so much for being a great upstream, reviewing,
>> rewriting, and accepting this upstream in such a timely manner ;-)
>>
>> Do you have any roadmap or schedule for the next kbd release that
>> would include this utility?
>
> I'd really like to solve the problem of duplication of names of files
> in directories (it's the goal for 1.6). I am currently working on
> optimizing loadkeys. If you need this utility I can do an 1.15.3
> release. But I need help to test the refs/heads/loadkeys branch.

It's not urgent, per se.  We're carrying the diff we need in Ubuntu
for now.  Ideally, we'll re-sync Ubuntu with Debian in ~3 months or
so.  Hopefully by that time, a) you've released 1.6 or a 1.15.3, and
b) the Debian maintainer (Michael Schutte on CC) has merged your new
release into Debian's unstable.

--
:-Dustin

Dustin Kirkland