[Hardware] dvd-audio

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine на gmail.com
Пт Мар 4 16:28:21 MSK 2005

ИМХО, за проектом стоит следить -- http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/

Dave Chapman invites everyone who's interested in authoring audio dvds
to join the dvd-audio project.

<< As you may know, commercially authored DVD-Audio disks have three
very unfriendly features - encryption, watermarking and Meridian
Lossless Packing (MLP). I am assuming that these are some of the
reasons developers have not become interested in DVD-Audio.

    However, none of those features are compulsory, and if you remove
those obstacles (which I am not interested in overcoming - simply
avoiding), you are left with a standard which allows 18 combinations
of samplerate and sample wordsize for 2-channel stereo audio
(including 16-bit/44.1KHz RedBook, and going all the way up to
24-bit/192KHz), plus a range of 6-channel uncompressed surround sound
formats.

    My aim is to produce a set of GPL'd tools to both author,
"un-author", and play such unencrypted, uncompressed disks, and am
curious to know if any other developers have an interest in this area
or not.>>

As a starting point Dave has setup the dvd-audio-devel mailing list.
Fri, 04 Mar 2005 • /software/misc • 0 comments/trackbacks