[Freeschool] Fwd: Re: [school-discuss] appindex

Michael Shigorin mike на osdn.org.ua
Чт Апр 6 23:57:36 MSD 2006

----- Forwarded message from Doug Loss <drloss/suscom.net> -----

Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 07:51:29 -0400
From: Doug Loss <drloss/suscom.net>
To: schoolforge-discuss/schoolforge.net
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] appindex

Michael Shigorin wrote:

>Les, Doug, Appindex is great just as it is.  I've seldom been in
>educational matters during last few years but when I were, went
>there too and it helped.
>
>Yes, software evolves and new projects are born but it's not
>invalidating the archive.

Thanks Michael.  As Les says, it won't be going away.  But it would
still be nice to have the records there checked and updated
occasionally.  There has been talk (mostly idle, mostly by me) over the
years to make the AppIndex essentially a filter on a datafeed from
FreshMeat, but nothing has ever been done toward that.  It would require
the few projects we list that aren't on FreshMeat to get listed there or
be removed from our index; I don't think that would be a great
difficulty.  It would then give more accurate, current information on
the various projects as presumably the FreshMeat entries are kept
updated by the various project administrators where our entries are not.

Is anyone interested in working on this idea?

Doug Loss

 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike на altlinux.ru>