[Freeschool] Fwd: fwd: Mass Deployment of GNOME in schools in Macedonia

Michael Shigorin mike на osdn.org.ua
Ср Сен 14 20:30:41 MSD 2005

----- Forwarded message from Jeff Waugh <jeff.waugh/canonical.com> -----

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:51:47 +1000
From: Jeff Waugh <jeff.waugh/canonical.com>
To: The Sounder <sounder/lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: fwd: Mass Deployment of GNOME in schools in Macedonia

Wow! :-)

- Jeff

----- Forwarded message from Арангел Ангов <ufo/users.ossm.org.mk> -----

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:47:36 +0200
From: Арангел Ангов <ufo/users.ossm.org.mk>
To: marketing-list/gnome.org

I've just added this info to the wiki pages for GnomeDeployment:

This was happening this summer and now there's a countrywide deployment
of GNOME in computer labs in 492 primary and secondary schools, some
University labs and NGO's. The distribution is Ubuntu Linux. The
deployment is a result of a project involving the Macedonian Ministry of
Education and Science, a local ISP - On.Net, EDC (Project E-schools) and
MKConnects (USAID project).

   *

     Specific info by municipalities and sites / http://www.mkconnects.org

I may be getting some more info on the number of total computers using
GNOME soon. I ll add this to the wiki as well.

I hope that they ll upgrade to breezy and use 2.12 as it is fully
translated into Macedonian. :)

Cheers,
Arangel

 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike на altlinux.ru>