[Freeschool] Fwd: Re: [school-discuss] Re: So.Di.Linux

Michael Shigorin mike на osdn.org.ua
Пт Июн 24 00:30:49 MSD 2005

----- Forwarded message from "Giovanni P. Caruso" <giovannip.caruso libero.it> -----

Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:44:08 +0200
From: "Giovanni P. Caruso" <giovannip.caruso libero.it>
To: schoolforge-discuss schoolforge.net
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Re: So.Di.Linux

Karsten M. Self ha scritto:
>on Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 02:30:00PM +0100, Yishay Mor (y.mor на ioe.ac.uk)
>wrote:
>
>>Just came across this. Anyone know about it?
>>
>>http://www.itd.cnr.it/SoDiLinux/menuprincipale.htm
>

>Consider posting a sentence or two of context, particularly when
>directing to a page written in a language other than that a list
>primarially uses.
>
>My read is that this is something Italian, technical, and conceivably
>GNU/Linux-related.

So.Di.Linux (Didactic Software Linux) is a knoppix like distribution
made for italian school, by the Didactic Technologies Institute of
Italian National Research Council (ITD-CNR) of Genoa.
We put into it all the didactic software made for GNU/Linux (that we had
found by internet) under GPL like license, equipped with a database
filled with the most important informations that an italian teacher
would like to know to correctly choose the needed software.
Using this distribution a sperimentation  started last year in many of
our schools. In these days we are making the third cd of three cdroms
that will be available in next days for use in the next year of school.
SoDilinux database is italian related but not all the software in it is
in italian language...so if you want to use Sodilinux to make a linux
distribution for your schools, you are free to use it.
I hope our work to approach italian teachers to didactic free software
will be appreciated. The critics will be appreciated:-)
Cheers,

--
Giovanni Caruso
-La vita e' una lunga lezione di umilta' - J. W. Barrie -

 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike на altlinux.ru>