[Freeschool] Fwd: [seul-edu] an apparently open standard for web based elearning

Michael Shigorin mike на osdn.org.ua
Сб Мар 22 02:19:31 MSK 2003

----- Forwarded message from SteelHead <bill на ries-knight.net> -----

Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 15:13:35 -0800
From: SteelHead <bill на ries-knight.net>
To: schoolforge-discuss на schoolforge.net, seul-edu на seul.org
Subject: [seul-edu] an apparently open standard for web based elearning

I was talking to a parent from my sons school.  His company is into
E-Learning  over the web and the discussion moved to seul/schoolforge.  He
made a few comments and dropped the names SIF and SCORM as solutions to look
at.  I folled the lead and was lead into this pressrelease that offers
information on groups in this field.

http://www.imsglobal.org/pressrelease/pr021031.cfm

He also said that Advanced Distance Learning had an opensource solution or
plan that might be of use.  I dug for a bit through www.adlnet.org, but most
was over my head.

Here's hoping it leads us to somethin that could help.
Bill

 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike на altlinux.ru>