[docs] Fw: [docbook] Internationalization

Vitaly Ostanin vyt на vzljot.ru
Пт Янв 9 15:05:05 MSK 2004

Hello, All!

Возможно, кому-то будет интересно.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:39:11 +0100
From: Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer на samba.org>
To: docbook на lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook] Internationalization

Hi,

I'm one of the people working on the documentation for the Samba
project (www.samba.org). All our documentation is in Docbook/XML
and we're happily using xsltproc with various stylesheets to
generate HTML, PDF, PS, nroff and text output.

Recently some people have started to translate the documentation
to German and French. I did a bit of searching on
internationalization in docbook, but I haven't been able to find
much. Should we just keep seperate trees for all available
languages?

Ideally, we would like to be able to generate a document with
that uses (for example) French, where available, and English for
all paragraphs where there is no translation yet. Also, it would
be very useful for the translators to be able to see what parts
of their translation are outdated.

Is there a common practice for such situations? Anyone struggling
with the same problem?

Cheers,

Jelmer Vernooij

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer на nl.linux.org> -
http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/

--
Regards, Vyt
mailto:  vyt на vzljot.ru