[devel] Оптимизированные для i686 и выше библиотеки.

Alexey Tourbin at на altlinux.ru
Ср Сен 1 02:05:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 05:13:41AM +0400, Денис Смирнов wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 04:27:23AM +0400, Алексей Турбин wrote:
>
> AT> Too late a question, but anyway, what do you expect?  Was it,
> AT> like, 10% faster?  Did you measure?  Ain't you just ... around?
>
> Hint1: H.264
> Hint2: высокое разрешение
>
> В таких случаях 1% уже решает -- можно ли на этом компьютере посмотреть
> фильм, или нет.

You miss the point.  I ask them: do you have numbers?  The answer is,
basically, no, no numbers.  Is there, say, a 10% improvement which might
make a difference?  The answer is, like, hey, guy, we're just, like,
talking about optimization.  An optimized code is better than a
non-optimized one, you see?  You gotta optimize your code!

I'm not trying to say that 1 percent is not worthwhile (which is probably
not, though).  What I'm curious about is why you tend to support stupid
ideas.  Like, no numbers, but we feel you're one of us, aren't you?