[devel] [SCM] packages/ncurses: tags/5.7-alt3.1

Alexey Tourbin at на altlinux.ru
Вт Авг 24 18:58:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 04:13:18PM +0400, Alexey I. Froloff wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 03:29:42PM +0400, Alexey Tourbin wrote:
> > That's quite a change, and it should be alt4.  I noticed that you're
> > somehow fond of dot-minor releases.  When there's a change (on behalf
> > of the package), you shouldn't do it.  Just be bold enough to bump
> > the release.
> I don't remember asking you how to make a non-maintainer upload.
> On the other hand, I don't need to ask you because, you know, I
> just don't want to.

Um, so you're like, I'm telling you something you're not ready to accept.
Also, you're uncomfortable with the very fact that I'm telling you just
anything.  Okay.

> P.S.  http://www.altlinux.org/NMU#.D0.92.D0.B5.D1.80.D1.81.D0.B8.D0.BE.D0.BD.D0.B8.D1.80.D0.BE.D0.B2.D0.B0.D0.BD.D0.B8.D0.B5

So you refer to a piece of anonymous bytestream written out there.
By a wanker.  Don't you even believe it?  I should have pressed
multiple C-W right here.

Still a better rule is: when you make a change to a package,
the release must be bumped in a straightforward way.  Dot-minor
release are for non-essential changes (e.g. specfile-only changes)
and automatic rebuilds.