[devel] [SCM] packages/ncurses: tags/5.7-alt3.1

Alexey Tourbin at на altlinux.ru
Вт Авг 24 11:45:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 02:36:30PM +0300, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> > That's quite a change, and it should be alt4.  I noticed that you're
> > somehow fond of dot-minor releases.  When there's a change (on behalf
> > of the package), you shouldn't do it.  Just be bold enough to bump
> > the release.
>
> Why is rpm relese alt98.44?

Um, that's a nice catch.  rpm is a special thing.  There's no upstream
version we stick to (4.0.4 is just a historic reference which merely fills
the gap).  So there's actually no rpm version, we're doing our own rpm,
and alt98 just indictates some milstone features.

With the advent of soname set-versions, I am goint to bump the release
to alt99.M51 and alt100, for that matter.