[devel] runglish

Sergei Epiphanov serpiph at nikiet.ru
Thu Oct 29 10:41:52 UTC 2009

В сообщении от 29 октября 2009 13:14:23 автор Dmitry V. Levin написал:
> > Наиболее оптимальным языком для
> > разработчика всегда был есть и будет тот
> > язык, которым является для него родным.
>
> Try to contact upstream using your native language, and you won't be
> heard.  Or try to write documentation using only your native language,
> and you'll be left without most of your potential users.
>
> If you want to keep your business going, you have to familiarize yourself
> with English.

YOU ask upstream, not upstream asks you. And they NEVER must understand
language they don't speak or use. But you can ask them if they know other
languages in order to understand the problem or give interesting info in less
time and then use ONE language in discussion. Second, look at our native
projects. They speak with each other using language most known to all in
subject. I see  you know Russian but nevertheless answer in English. You see,
pepole not known with Russian will not understand the question and discussion
at all even you will answer in English because of unkown question. You have to
send them full translation of such discussion in all situations (with English
or Russian answer). Add citations here and you will get more work to mantain
speaking for foreign people.

--
С уважением, Епифанов Сергей