[devel] acl file missing: a trouble for repocop

Igor Vlasenko =?iso-8859-1?q?vlasenko_=CE=C1_imath=2Ekiev=2Eua?=
Пн Фев 16 00:22:39 MSK 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:22:54AM +0300, Alexey Tourbin wrote:
> Some time ago, the only possibility for testing was post-processing.
> Recently, things have changed.  Now there's a (still rather limited)
> possibility for pre-processing, PROVIDED that your checks can detect
> important issues and PROVIDED your code does not take too much time.
>
> That is to say, there's a real shift.  Something can be a pre-condition,
> not a post-condition as it used to be.
>
> Here is a clue: think of how you can integrate certain parts of your
> code directly into girar-builder.  This is not impossible.

Dmitry already did it well.
http://git.altlinux.org/tasks/xxx/plan/ has a list of added/removed packages.
http://git.altlinux.org/tasks/xxx/build/? has new packages themselves.

The only thing left in girar that we need for integration is a passive notifier,
i.e. some kind of robot-friendly list of successively completed tasks.

I think it is preferred and unix-way.

I think any kind of active notifier (some script that runs after a task
has completed and either tries to launch repocop directly or tries to
send it a message) will add an extra complexity to girar builder
and will make both of them less scalable and maintainable.

repocop is 90% ready to work in the described mode,
exept the patch generator which still need some imnprovement.

--

Dr. Igor Vlasenko