[devel] parallel builds, again (was: [Fwd: [#16528] COMPLETE (try 23)])

Alexey Tourbin at на altlinux.ru
Сб Дек 12 06:22:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 09:56:02PM +0200, Michael Shigorin wrote:
> Single-threaded build is getting us nowhere when CPU clocks are
> effectively frozen at <= 3GHz while cores are plenty; ARM case
> is even more sensitive to single system performance being a
> bottleneck (as discussed on devel-ports@).

To stress, OF COURSE single-core performances is a bottleneck.
Did you think it wasn't?

And we can't do much about it, but to take it for granted.
So don't be moronic.  CPU cores are much useless.

After all, take a look at your penis.  It is much useless.
Most of the time.  Isn't it?