[devel] [Re: Lockup on x server startup with xorg 6.9 on Radeon (R100)]

Konstantin A. Lepikhov =?iso-8859-1?q?lakostis_=CE=C1_altlinux=2Eru?=
Сб Янв 14 17:12:23 MSK 2006

Hi!

А у нас такой патч приложен? Судя по отзывам, помогает многим и с R100 и
R3xx (по-крайней мере, виснуть они перестают).

----- Forwarded message from Kevin Shanahan <kmshanah на disenchant.net> -----

Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 16:07:47 +1030
From: Kevin Shanahan <kmshanah@
To: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@
Cc: Dave Airlie <airlied@, dri-devel@
Subject: Re: Lockup on x server startup with xorg 6.9 on Radeon (R100)

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 08:40:11AM -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> It probably needs Ben's mem patch.  PCI cards were the most prone to
> problems without it IIRC.  I think you can comment out the
> busmastering lines (reg RADEON_BUS_CNTL) in RADEONSetFBLocation() as a
> quick hack, it may help.  It really need the full patch.

I guessed you were talking about the patch from this email:
   http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-December/011679.html

I rebuilt the xserver-xorg and xserver-common Debian packages with
this patch applied and it does seem to have fixed the startup
problems. Successful five times in a row so far. It also seems to have
fixed the VT switch problems.

I also tried out the patch on my desktop which has an R100 QD (7200)
and it seems fine there as well.

I'll keep an eye out for future versions of the patch for further
testing.

Cheers,
Kevin.