[devel] [gmane.linux.evms.announce] [Evms-announce] EVMS Release 2.5.5

Anton Farygin =?iso-8859-1?q?rider_=CE=C1_altlinux=2Ecom?=
Вт Фев 28 09:32:30 MSK 2006

вот это нам точно нужно в самое ближайее время :)

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:01:40 -0600, Kevin Corry wrote:

> The EVMS team is announcing the 2.5.5 release of the Enterprise Volume
> Management System. This is the fifth maintenance release in the EVMS 2.5.x
> series, and is primarily intended to fix some recent bug-reports, as well
> as to update to the most recent kernel and Device-Mapper releases. In
> addition, three new plugins have been added in this release. The source
> code package and sample init-ramdisk image for 2.5.5 are now available for
> download at the project web site:
>
> http://evms.sourceforge.net/
>
> EVMS 2.5.5 is supported on recent 2.6 and 2.4.22 through 2.4.32 kernels.
>
> Please see the INSTALL and README files in the 2.5.5 package for
> installation instructions and other notes. I mean it. Really. There are
> important notes about the new changes that you need to read if you're
> going to use them.
>
> If you have any questions, find any bugs, or simply want to report success
> stories, please send email to the EVMS mailing list
> (evms-devel на lists.sf.net) or visit the EVMS IRC channel (irc.freenode.net,
> #evms).

EVMS Changelog
==============
2.5.5 (2/24/2006)
- New plugins
  - OCFS2 FSIM, contributed by Robert Whitehead from Novell.
  - FAT FSIM, contribued by Anton D. Kachalov from ALT Linux Ltd.
  - Heartbeat2 Cluster Manager, contributed by Changju Gao from Novell.
- Bug fixes
  - Clean up compile warnings from gcc4.
  - Engine
    - Perform remote rediscovery after filesystem changes have been made so
      other cluster nodes will pick up the volume changes.
  - Disk Plugin
    - Try to get disk geometry from the DOS MBR before asking the kernel.
  - MD Plugin
    - Allow creating degraded RAID-1 and RAID-5 regions.
    - Correct size checks when assembling list of available objects to add
      to an existing raid1 using the version-1 superblock.
    - Provide an option for creating a version-1 superblock even if the
      running kernel does not support them.
  - evms_mpathd
    - When sending test-I/Os to a failed path, use the device's
      hard-sector-size instead of assuming 512 bytes for the request size.