[devel] [Re: iptables for multiple eth]

Konstantin A. Lepikhov =?iso-8859-1?q?lakostis_=CE=C1_altlinux=2Eru?=
Вт Окт 18 00:30:17 MSD 2005

Hi!

Мысли человека "со стороны" насчет etcnet. BTW я уже почти созрел на
портирование, т.к. оно (etcnet) все-таки надо мне на TSL.

----- Forwarded message from Andy Bakun -----

Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:58:03 -0500
From: Andy Bakun <abakun@
To: tsl-discuss@
Subject: Re: iptables for multiple eth

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 21:44 +0400, Konstantin A. Lepikhov wrote:
> Hi Andy!

Right back at ya, slick!

> maybe etcnet helps? (www.etcnet.org) I'm now thinking about porting it to
> TSL cause have some exotic needs for routers based on TSL.

Very interesting.  I was thinking of cooking up my own network scripts
that use /sbin/ip, but this may help avoid that.  Unfortunately, from
looking at the sample stuff, it looks like it just divides ip commands
up into individual files.  This is good and all, but doesn't really have
any significant advantage over one big file that contains all the
commands to configure the interfaces and iptables (which is what I'm
using right now at home).  I found that there are many interdependencies
between interfaces and rules in more complex setups (especially once you
bring iptables into the mix), which are often easier to define in one
big script (blah!).  I'll look into it though, a trustix-2.2 package
would be most helpful (and a script that converts old-style to etcnet
style would be useful too).

--
Andy Bakun <abakun@>