[devel] Fwd: [Bram@: Vim 6.4 preparations]

Alexey I. Froloff =?iso-8859-1?q?raorn_=CE=C1_immo=2Eru?=
Ср Окт 5 22:36:05 MSD 2005

----- Forwarded message from Bram Moolenaar <Bram на moolenaar.net> -----

Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 20:34:28 +0200
From: Bram Moolenaar <Bram на moolenaar.net>
To: vim-announce на vim.org
Subject: Vim 6.4 preparations

It looks like Vim 7 is still far from a release.  There are quite a few
things to be worked on.  And I'm going to Uganda for about a month, that
pushes it further forward.

Vim 6.3 was released over a year ago.  There are patches, but many
people prefer installing Vim directly, with all the updated runtime
files.  Therefore I'm planning a 6.4 release.  This is just going to be
Vim 6.3 with all the patches included and the most recent runtime files.

If there is some bug that was fixed in Vim 7 but not put back into Vim
6.3, let me know and I'll see if the risk is small enough to do that
now.  Stability is the main goal of this release, thus I will reject
anything that I am not confident about.

The most recent runtime files can be found here:
	ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/
If you spot an outdated file there, please ask the maintainer to send me
an update.

Don't send requests for new features, I will ignore them.

It has been a long time since I made a release, I'm first going to make
Vim 6.4a beta.  Mostly to verify the release building is OK.

Schedule:
Right now, until October 7: Maintainers send me updated runtime files
    Weekend of October 8/9: Vim 6.4a beta
    Less than a week later: Vim 6.4

--
MICHAEL PALIN PLAYED: 1ST SOLDIER WITH A KEEN INTEREST IN BIRDS, DENNIS, MR
                      DUCK (A VILLAGE CARPENTER WHO IS ALMOST KEENER THAN

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram на Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///        Sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\              Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org        ///
 \\\     Buy LOTR 3 and help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF.nl/lotr.html   ///