[devel] [Re: [R300] the_perfect_frag snapshot]

Konstantin A. Lepikhov =?iso-8859-1?q?lakostis_=CE=C1_altlinux=2Eru?=
Пн Май 23 17:18:00 MSD 2005

Hi!

В продолжение темы про R300 - оказывается, DRI версия работает даже на
X800.

----- Forwarded message from Rune Petersen <rune@> -----

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 15:37:13 +0200
From: Rune Petersen <rune@>
To: dri-devel@
Subject: Re: [R300] the_perfect_frag snapshot

Hi,
Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
>    I tagged yesterday "the_perfect_frag" snapshot of R300 driver.
>
>    The code is in CVS at http://r300.sf.net
>
>    As the name suggests I cannot find visible faults with rendering
>    Quake3 levels. Also, PPRacer shows no artifacts either, at least in
>    the first few levels..
>
>    Known issues/help needed:
>
>         * Radeon 9800 cards are still exhibiting an occasional lockup.
>
>         * It would be interesting to know whether the driver works
>           with some of the newer cards (like Radeon X800)

I found to do a little testing on my X800:
    * Quake3: no artifacts, nice menu =)
    * Tuxracer: no artifacts
    * UT 2003: it starts with _many_ artifacts, almost playable in a
      funny kind of way: I can see items and players, what more do
      you need? =)
    * UT 2004: its starts with _many_ artifacts, but locks up in the
      menu. I'll see if I can pin it down.
    * a known issue I have is loosing the z-buffer when resizing
      window -> full screen. (I can't figure out why this happens).

Rune Petersen

WBR, Konstantin	      chat with ==>ICQ: 109916175
     Lepikhov,	      speak  to ==>JID: lakostis на jabber.org
aka L.A. Kostis       write  to ==>mailto:lakostis на pisem.net.nospam

...The information is like the bank... 			  (c) EC8OR