[devel] а что с libhowl [было]? Fwd: Re: Release the lawyers!

Michael Shigorin =?iso-8859-1?q?mike_=CE=C1_osdn=2Eorg=2Eua?=
Пн Июн 13 11:25:58 MSD 2005

----- Forwarded message from Jeff Waugh <jeff.waugh ubuntu.com> -----

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:28:50 +1000
From: Jeff Waugh <jeff.waugh ubuntu.com>
To: sounder lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Release the lawyers!

<quote who="John">

> http://dot.kde.org/1114696139/
> and this
> http://www.linuxcompatible.org/gnome-games_2.10.0_s43032.html
> which showns Gnome not far along the road:-(

Note that GNOME has had very good support for ZeroConf storage for a long
time now (the cute gnome-games feature is much more recent), via libhowl.
That hasn't been removed, but few distros ship it due to the license. We've
been directly involved in getting Avahi going to solve this problem.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit 2005: October 8th-10th         http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

   She said she loved my mind, though by most accounts I had already lost
                                    it.

 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike на altlinux.ru>