[devel] release cycles

Michael Shigorin mike на osdn.org.ua
Пт Июн 17 12:19:26 MSD 2005

	Hi!
Наткнулся:

---
On the Fedora side, a deliberate effort was made to start a
discussion on what should be in Fedora Core 5. A few goals were
suggested: more security features and faster booting, for
example. Most of the discussion, however, has centered around a
suggestion to increase the length of the development cycle
somewhat (to nine months or so). The current six-month cycle
allows for a maximum of about two or three months before the
stabilization efforts set in, and some developers are finding it
difficult to get their changes in within that window. The
suggestion has not been particularly well received by the powers
that be within Red Hat, however.
---

Кратко:

---
> If it's the case it might be worth asking why there isn't more
> volunteers to help on the infrastructure.
Because we *can't* run a marathon every six months.
---

http://lwn.net/Articles/138897/

Думаю, стоит почитать эти письма, чтобы не вентилировать
то же самое у нас:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/25846
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/25851
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/26163