[devel] [christht@: Re: mini iso anyone?]

Konstantin A. Lepikhov =?iso-8859-1?q?lakostis_=CE=C1_altlinux=2Eru?=
Чт Июл 7 22:23:02 MSD 2005

Hi!

Вот так вот - они уже делают, а у нас все думают, как бы это все сделать
:)

----- Forwarded message from Christian Haugan Toldnes <christht@> -----

Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:28:24 +0200
From: Christian Haugan Toldnes <christht@>
To: Matthias Subik <matthias на subik.at>
Cc: discussion list Linux Trustix <tsl-discuss@>
Subject: Re: mini iso anyone?

(Jul 01 2005 13:08) Matthias Subik wrote:
> so there is the other question about the build environment, is that
> now closed, or would it be possible to get it as the cloud-devel
> package was in the past?

If you open up the installer initrd, you'll find the installer and
discover that the license is changed to GPL.

So far good news.

The bad news is that the isobuild stuff is spread over several machines
now, and is fully automated, so there will be no 1 rpm for this
available for common usage.

However, the minimalistic parts of the isobuild stuff that is only
relating to 3.0 is part of the viper source code, so that's also covered
by the GPL. We are figuring out how to best make the viper source easier
accessible, but we have not yet come to a conclusion on that.

> not that I would have a particular use for it right out of the box,
> but it would be nice to know how everything is done, maybe another
> idea comes out of my mind when I see it.

Sure. As I said, the installer is on the initrd, and since it's pure
python it's totally open for anyone to read.

Christian H. Toldnes
Trustix Developer

----- Forwarded message from Christian Haugan Toldnes <christht@> -----