[devel] [[GATOS-ANNOUNCE] Initial Radeon Theatre 200 support added]

Konstantin A. Lepikhov =?iso-8859-1?q?lakostis_=CE=C1_altlinux=2Eorg?=
Чт Ноя 11 00:13:14 MSK 2004

Hi!

JFYI и для тех, кто найдет в себе силы обновить gatos в Сизифе ;)

----- Forwarded message from Bogdan Diaconescu <b_diaconescu на yahoo.com> -----

Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:20:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Bogdan Diaconescu <b_diaconescu на yahoo.com>
To: gatos-announce на lists.sourceforge.net, gatos-devel на lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [GATOS-ANNOUNCE] Initial Radeon Theatre 200 support added

Hi gatos users,

the initial support for boards having RT200 support is
added in the ati.4.4.0 under branch r200_branch. The
support is not ready for releasing a binary archive
due two reasons:

- we are waiting for a go sign from ATI in order to
release the RT200 microcode to users.
- the sound is not working at this time.

Therefore you will be able to test RT200 only if you
have the microcode file. The board I used is ATI
9600PRO AIW PAL version, I do not have NTSC version
but it should work too. I am able to see correct input
using both tuner and composite video inputs.

What I've done:

- now there are three modules for the video decoder:
theatre_detect, theatre, theatre200. Theatre_detect is
used only to detect the apropriate RageTheatre type so
that one of theatre/theatre200 will be subsequently
loaded.

- added support for MK3 tuners form Philips. In my
board case it is FM1216ME. A big difference in the MK3
tuners is the AFC source now comes from TDA988x
demodulator instead from the tuner. In the old tuners
the AFC signal was injected to an ADC so that the
digital AFC signal was taken from the tuner itself.
Now the AFC digital signal is taken from the TDA988x
through i2c reads.

- for the microcode file path I added a XF86Config
option called "RageTheaterMicrocPath" so that the user
can change it accordingly.

- The current avview uses the video processor to make
color space transformations instead of the RT200 but
this has been added too for the case one wants to
adjust brightness, ... using the RT200.

TODO:

- sound support. It seems the analog input from
composite dongle or from tuner is just passed through
the analog output of the board. Some info is needed
from ATI for solving this issue.

- avview needs a way to search for channels in all the
bands so that all the channels can be caught. avview
needs a way to specify PAL variations (B,G,L, etc).

- FM radio support for the boards that have such
capability.

Regards,
Bogdan

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.