[devel] Hahser problem

Dmitry V. Levin =?iso-8859-1?q?ldv_=CE=C1_altlinux=2Eorg?=
Вт Апр 27 15:02:54 MSD 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:33:23PM +0400, Andrey Semenov wrote:
> Добрый день, господа.
>   Попытался в хешере собрать пакетик вот что получил
>
> Components: hasher
> Processing pkglists... hasher done
> Processing srclists...  hasher done
> Creating component releases... done
> Updating global release file... done
> Appending MD5Sum... hasher done
> All your base are belong to us!!!
> mkchroot: cannot access getugid1 helper.
>
> В чем проблема? Подскажите.

Выдержка из ещё не опубликованного FAQ к hasherу:

------------------------------

3. WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING?

3.1. Problems accessing privileged helpers.

3.1.1 How to make hasher work? Every run ends up with the following:
	Components: hasher
	Processing pkglists... hasher done
	Processing srclists...  hasher done
	Creating component releases... hasher done
	Creating global release file... done
	Appending MD5Sum... hasher done
	All your base are belong to us!!!
	mkchroot: cannot access getugid1 helper.

  In order to prepare package hasher to use by USER, pair of special
  satellite users must be added.  System administrator should run
	# hasher-useradd USER

  This command creates two additional satellite users, USER_a and
  USER_b, and adds USER to groups: hashman, USER_a and USER_b.

  See hasher-useradd(8) for details.

3.1.2 I've created satellite users according to instructions, but still
   getting the same error.  Why?

   You have to re-login to gain new credentials.

3.1.3 Well, I've logged in, now it reports:
	/usr/lib/hasher-priv/hasher-priv: /: bad perms: 757
	mkchroot: getugid1 failed.

   You filesystem permissions are broken, you really should repair your
   operating system as soon as possible.

3.2. Workdir prefix mismatch.

3.2.1 When I run
	hsh /path/to/workdir path/to/foobar-1.0.src.rpm
      hasher fails with:
	/usr/lib/hasher-priv/hasher-priv: /path/to/workdir/chroot: prefix mismatch, working directory should start with $HOME
	mkchroot: failed to make devices.

   By default, hasher is configured to create working directories
   inside $HOME only.  This is a security sensitive parameter.
   System administrator can change this default, either systemwide
   or personally for you.
   In first case, change "prefix" parameter in
   /etc/hasher-priv/system to /path/to/workdir.
   In second case, add the line
	prefix=/path/to/workdir
   to the per-user config, /etc/hasher-priv/user.d/$USER.

3.3. Local and remote repositories.

3.3.1 Run of hasher failed with the following error:
	initroot: calculated package file list is not local.
	initroot: failed to generate initial package file list.

   Hasher supports only local apt source methods (i.e. file and copy).
   That is, you have to place package repository on local host or use NFS.

--
ldv