[devel] [Fwd: [Galeon-devel] Galeon 1.2.6 released!]]

Alexey Morozov =?iso-8859-1?q?morozov_=CE=C1_novosoft=2Eru?=
Вт Сен 17 09:34:22 MSD 2002

2aen: Прочтите, пожалуйста, про изменения интерфейсов в печати.

----- Forwarded message from Yanko Kaneti <yaneti на declera.com> -----

To: "galeon-announce на lists.sourceforge.net"
 <galeon-announce на lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Galeon-announce] [Fwd: [Galeon-devel] Galeon 1.2.6 released!]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 04:32:29 +0300
From: Yanko Kaneti <yaneti на declera.com>

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Philip Langdale <philipl на mail.utexas.edu>
To: galeon-devel на lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Galeon-devel] Galeon 1.2.6 released!
Date: 15 Sep 2002 19:05:38 -0500

Hi all,

Yanko and I put together the 1.2.6 release over the last 24 hours or so
and it's now up on sourceforge.

The binary packages there are against mozilla 1.1, but you can recompile
against any 1.0 or greater version of galeon and it will build - with
one caveat. We have discovered, much to our frustration, that the
mozilla folks changed one of the printing interfaces between 1.0 and
1.0.1 which they weren't supposed to do, so trying to compile against
1.0.1 will fail, but it's an obvious fix, which you'll understand
when you see it.

There's also a known bug now fixed in CVS where if you have the
"always show tabs" pref set and try to close the last tab with the
sidebar open, galeon will crash. I suspect this is not a very common
situation, so it won't catch many people.

Here's the news item from the website:

15 Sep, 2002 - Galeon 1.2.6 "Hey, everyone else has wierd release names,
so why don't we?" Released!

     * Compatible with 1.0.x, 1.1.x and 1.2a
     * Compatible with gcc 3.2 with --disable-werror
     * Complete Basic Sidebar support (No XUL sidebars)
     * Proxy prefs should actually be respected for a change
     * Support for forcing all cookies to be session cookies
     * Fixed almost all downloader progress dialog related crashes.
     * Helper app handling improved, and a number of bugs fixed

Yes! That's right! The first official galeon release with support for
all three branches of the mozilla tree! However, this is only source
level compatibility, you will need to recompile galeon for the
particular mozilla version you are using, but it will compile.

Enjoy!

--phil