[devel] Fw: OpenUSS 1.3 - E-learning with the latest version - Unthinkable!

Alexander Bokovoy =?iso-8859-1?q?a=2Ebokovoy_=CE=C1_sam-solutions=2Enet?=
Ср Окт 16 18:03:15 MSD 2002

Вот, получил по каналам Еврокомиссии:

----- Forwarded message from openuss на yahoo.com -----

Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 06:54:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: <openuss на yahoo.com>
Subject: OpenUSS 1.3 - E-learning with the latest version - Unthinkable!

OpenUSS - Open University Support System
OpenUSS is a J2EE- and GPL-based E-Learning platform.
OpenUSS ist an
infrastructure software for every organizations, which
have a need
to build an E-Learning platform:
- universities,
- schools,
- communities,
- training companies and
- companies in general, which offer direct training to
their workers.

Like
-> Apache for web server,
-> JBoss and JOnAS for EJB server,
-> Tomcat and Enhydra for servlet server,
OpenUSS is targeted to take over the market for
Learning Management
Systems (LMS). At least we believe that, LMS are also
general-purpose,
commoditized, horizontal infrastructure software.
-> OpenUSS for LMS server! Yes ;-)

Have a lot of fun!

BTW. We are really happy if you want to join us! You
can
just build your own components and we can integrate
them
into OpenUSS.

OpenUSS Homepage
http://openuss.sourceforge.net
OpenUSS at SourceForge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openuss
Reference Implementation
http://www.openuss.org

OpenUSS Team and Workgroups
Prof. Dr. Heinz Lothar Grob
Dr. Frank Bensberg
Lofi Dewanto (dewanto на uni-muenster.de)

OpenUSS marketing and user support:
Alexander Ludi (openuss на yahoo.com)

Web Access Extension Component, graphics, homepage
design:
Torsten Menzel (torsten.menzel на gmx.de)

Skins and Layout Management, Pramati Server
deployment:
Nils Koehler (kohlern на uni-muenster.de)

POW (Personalized Online Web Banner) Extension
Component:
Christian Dicke (dicke на cdhost.de)
Christian Mues (info на christian-mues.de)
Stefan Neuhaus (toothrot на web.de)

Spanish translation, documentation and development:
Arturo Morales (et на linux.ajusco.upn.mx)
Ricardo Beltran (pks на linux.ajusco.upn.mx)

WAP access Foundation Component:
Cut-Hennies Erlina (cuthennies на yahoo.de)

French language pack:
Jeff Mesnil (Jean-Frederic.Mesnil на inrialpes.fr)
Jamin Rubio (jrubio на jouve.fr)

Indonesian language pack:
Revi Kuswara (revi на cyberlib.itb.ac.id)

Many thanks to all, who already support us!
OpenUSS Members:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openuss

OpenUSS Version 1.3 Final
*** For users ***

- Better Graphical User Interface.
  - OpenUSS looks pretty cool now! Just look at our
screenshots.
  - Skins for a new look&feel. Each organization can
use its
    own skins. The definition of skins can be made
easily.
    OpenUSS seperates 4 definition of skins:
    - Portal
    - Organization
    - Student
    - Lecturer
    For more about this please refer to the OpenUSS
Community.
- POW (Personalized Online Web Banner) Extension
Component is included.
  As the administrator of an OpenUSS site, you can
insert and define
  your own web banner! The POW Extension Component was
developed totally
  independent from OpenUSS, so it can be used in other
systems as well.
- WAP access for Foundation Component is extended. Now
you can
  login into your personalized page with your WAP
phone.
- Searching capability within the Discussion Forum
Extension Component
  using Lucene Search Engine.
- As lecturer you can delete messages in the
Mailinglist Extension
  Component.
- Sorting of lecture materials.
- The first step of Freestyle Learning
(http://www.freestyle-learning.de)
  integration is now available. It is now possible to
call an
  enrollment in OpenUSS directly from a Freestyle
Learning unit.
- WhoIsOnline component is available.
- More user languages are supported.
- Commercial supports in Australia, Germany and India
are available!

*** For developers ***

- Jalopy source code formatter is integrated. The
source code of OpenUSS
  is formatted after the Sun Java code convention with
Jalopy. For each
  component there is a seperate ant build file for
formatting OpenUSS
  source code.
- Upgrade to JOnAS 2.5 and Enhydra 5.0.
- All EJB components can be packaged into ejb-jar
files. Ant build file
  for deployment into other EJB servers is included.
- All string messages are taken out from the servlet
and put into
  the property files. All messages are now handled by
the presentation
  layer and not by the business layer anymore. So,
OpenUSS can show
  multi-language messages for each actions.
- Better structure for all components.
- MySQL is now supported, thanks to Torsten Menzel!
http://faith.yahoo.com

/ Alexander Bokovoy
---
No line available at 300 baud.