[devel] Fw: [ANN] Ruby/SMB - ruby interface to the libsmbclient library

Alexander Bokovoy =?iso-8859-1?q?a=2Ebokovoy_=CE=C1_sam-solutions=2Enet?=
Пт Янв 11 22:29:18 MSK 2002

----- Forwarded message from Henrik Falck <hefa на users.sourceforge.net> -----

Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:27:18 +0900
From: Henrik Falck <hefa на users.sourceforge.net>
To: ruby-talk на ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
Subject: [ANN] Ruby/SMB - ruby interface to the libsmbclient library

Hi list,

After a long time of lurking in the Ruby community I have finally
managed to produce something...

Ruby/SMB is a C library that glues together Ruby and samba's
libsmbclient. It makes it very easy to work with smb network resources
- they behave almost exactly like local directories and files!

It is an early alpha, supposed to be released tomorrow, but due to the
overwhelming demand for smb client libs on this list [;o)] I decided to
released it today. I'm not sure it will compile on your computer, but
it does on mine, and it works well. Please report bugs and I'll fix
them asap.

Also, libsmbclient is an alpha, included in the samba 3.0 alpha
distribution. It took some tweaking of its code to get it to compile on
my computer, but it wasn't too hard. I'm in contact with the samba
development team and it seems most issues with the lib will be fixed
pretty soon.

So... here it is...
http://rubysmb.sourceforge.net/

// Henrik

And thanks Dave for the lovely documentation tool. =)

/ Alexander Bokovoy
$ cat /proc/identity >~/.signature
  `Senior software developer and analyst for SaM-Solutions Ltd.`
---
Nov 21 20:58:58 alconost kernel: VFS: Busy inodes after unmount.
		    Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have a nice day...