[devel] Fw: [Gabber] Gabber 0.8.7 prerelease

Vyt =?iso-8859-1?q?vyt_=CE=C1_vzljot=2Eru?=
Чт Фев 7 11:25:22 MSK 2002

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 06 Feb 2002 22:26:02 -0500
From: Julian Missig <julian на jabber.org>
To: gabber-discuss на lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Gabber] Gabber 0.8.7 prerelease

Gabber 0.8.6.7. Yeah, I know only one of you even bothered trying the
last one. If no one gives me comments on this one, I'll stop bothering
with prereleases. Users of Gabber CVS should just be sure to update
that, no need to download this.

	* URLs are now handled by the normal message interface (julian)
	* Support for three types of HTTP Proxy; see README.proxy (mawis)
	* Support for SOCKS 4 (mawis)
	* Support for SOCKS 5 (mawis)
	* Updated to latest libjudo from JECL, which fixes XML parsing bugs
(julian)
	* Fixed crashes on things such as searching jabber.com's JUD (julian)
	* Fixed crash on extraneous whitespace in roster (julian)
	* Log out reason support (julian)
	* New music icon; music icon changes for paused and stopped (Kenny
Graunke)
	* File transfer detects IP address a bit better (mawis)
	* Agent detection fixed (julian)
	* Groups default to expanded instead of collapsed (julian)
	* Several patches from James Widman <j-widman на cornellcollege.edu> to
simplify and fix code
	* Support for jabberd 1.4.2's presence invisibility (julian)

Someone, somewhere, PLEASE test this. There is only one known bug that
I'll be fixing before 0.8.7 is released -- if you try to go invisible on
a non-cvs version of jabberd (as in, one which doesn't support
invisibility) Gabber will not realize that it is unsupported. I don't
know what the exact results will be -- but I'll fix it.

Most major crashes not related to binary incompatibilities should be
fixed now. You can probably get it to crash by messing around with file
transfer, as that is relatively untested, but Gabber should no longer
crash on received XML or anything dead stupid like that. Ever.

http://gabber.sf.net/gabber-0.8.6.7.tar.gz

Julian
--
email: julian на jabber.org