[devel] [ed на redhat.com: Re: Max-rpm Status]

Dmitry V. Levin =?iso-8859-1?q?ldv_=CE=C1_fandra=2Eorg?=
Сб Мар 3 07:08:11 MSK 2001

Второго издания Maximum RPM не будет. :(

----- Forwarded message from "Edward C. Bailey" <ed на redhat.com> -----

Date: 02 Mar 2001 22:46:35 -0500
From: "Edward C. Bailey" <ed на redhat.com>
To: rpm-list на redhat.com
Subject: Re: Max-rpm Status

Tom> Hi All, Since I have not seen anything on this lately I was wondering
Tom> how the new Maximum-rpm book was coming? I realize that you will not
Tom> give devivery dates in advance but I was just wondering if it is still
Tom> alive and at least getting close?

I'm sorry to say that, for all intents and purposes, the second edition of
Maximum RPM is dead.  Moving the book from LaTeX to DocBook was as far as
the project got before things ground to a halt.

Tom> I would REALLY like to have a NEW up to date HARD BOUND BOOK that is
Tom> up to date and I can set on my desk and use for a reference. :-)

And I would really like for you to have that book.  Unfortunately, at this
time, if such a book is to be written, it will need to be written by
someone other than me...

                                Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/