[d-kernel] [rob@janerob.com: Re: [SoftwareSuspend-devel] Software Suspend for 2.4 Final Release]

Alex Yustasov snmon на server.by
Ср Янв 26 17:10:14 MSK 2005

Здравствуйте.
Я спрашивал в рассылке сизифа про keventd. Пока никто не ответил.
У меня, если подключаюсь через GPRS, драйвер pl2303, keventd загружает
процессор на ~50% при исходящем трафике 5Kb.
Ядро 2.4.28. Пробовал собирать без swsusp - тоже самое.

----- Forwarded message from Rob Miller <rob at janerob.com> -----

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:23:53 +0100 (WAT)
From: Rob Miller <rob at janerob.com>
To: SoftwareSuspend Development <softwaresuspend-devel at lists.berlios.de>
Subject: Re: [SoftwareSuspend-devel] Software Suspend for 2.4 Final Release

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Nigel Cunningham wrote:

>it is intended to be the last release of SoftwareSuspend for the 2.4
>series kernels.

<sigh> I know it's not software suspend issues, but...  I tried to go back
to 2.4 because of the the ACPI/GPE errors on my Toshiba legacy-free BIOS
laptop.

With 2.4.28 I get keventd using 99% of CPU when ACPI is enabled (no
suspend involved yet); can't seem to get around it, can't seem to find any
recent references on the net to the problem.

Any insights on these problems?

rob.