[d-kernel] [JT] [gda@trustix.org: Re: linux 2.6.1]

Konstantin A. Lepikhov lakostis at elektrostal.ru
Fri Jan 30 15:55:52 MSK 2004

Hi!

Кто-нить в курсе, послали патчик в LKML?

----- Forwarded message from Gerald Dachs <gda at trustix.org> -----

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:49:53 +0100 (CET)
From: "Gerald Dachs" <gda at trustix.org>
To: <lakostis at elektrostal.ru>
Cc: <tsl-discuss at trustix.org>
Subject: Re: linux 2.6.1

Konstantin A. Lepikhov sagte:
> Hi Gerald!
>
> Friday 30, at 10:32:30 AM you wrote:
>

>> Christian Haugan Toldnes sagte:

>> patch about (tnx to rider at altlinux dot org):
>> >>

>> > Thanks :) Will test it asap.
>>
>> On first look this patch seems not to fix the real problem that the
>> proc file system doesn't allow access for other users than root. It
>> seems only to prevent to use syslog if there are errors, or
>> am I wrong?
>>
>> Gerald
> This patch fix the problem, so it's able to run syslogd as unriv user
> and read /proc.

Okay, it seems it was too early in the morning for me, sorry.
Thanks for correction. Are you aware whether this patch has gone to
the LKML?

Gerald
Gerald Dachs                     gda at trustix.org
http://www.trustix.org/~gda/       TSL developer

WBR, Konstantin	      chat with ==>ICQ: 109916175
     Lepikhov,	      speak  to ==>JID: lakostis at jabber.org
aka L.A. Kostis       write  to ==>mailto:lakostis at pisem.net.nospam

...The information is like the bank... 			  (c) EC8OR