[Comm] Fwd: Re: [Comm-en] ALT servers down?

Michael Shigorin =?iso-8859-1?q?mike_=CE=C1_osdn=2Eorg=2Eua?=
Пн Мар 2 20:17:24 MSK 2009

FYI

----- Forwarded message from Alexey Rusakov <rusakov/altlinux.ru> -----

Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 13:22:02 +0300
From: Alexey Rusakov <rusakov/altlinux.ru>
To: shigorin/gmail.com, "ALT Linux users (in English only)" <community-en/lists.altlinux.org>
Subject: Re: [Comm-en] ALT servers down?

В Пнд, 02/03/2009 в 09:17 +0200, Michael Shigorin пишет:
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 04:53:57AM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> > > Are the ALT Linux repository servers down or something?  I
> > > haven't been able to access them (system updates, etc) for
> > > about a week now.  The ones I've been trying access include:
> > > http://ftp.altlinux.org/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/
> > > ftp://ftp.altlinux.org/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/
>
> You can use mirrors by now (I'd recommend heanet):
> http://www.altlinux.com/en/go/download/
>
> See also /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ for corresponding sources.list
> snippets.
>
> > There is a maintenance due to broken hard drives...
>
> And these have broken after troubles at ISP facility.
> Am I wrong or did ktirf/ post an announcement here already?
I did, but somehow the letter did not appear in the mailing list
archives. Anyway, ab/ and mike/ are absolutely correct, our hard drives
have gone to pieces after an accidental switch-off. AFAIK, the work is
almost done, new hard drives are tested and installed and a backup is
currently being copied to them. Hopefully, today or tomorrow we'll have
ftp.altlinux.org back running.

--
  Alexey "Ktirf" Rusakov
  Project Manager