[Comm] XP -> VMware -> ALM 2.4

Anatol B. Bazjukin =?iso-8859-1?q?anatol_=CE=C1_VB3397=2Espb=2Eedu?=
Пн Ноя 15 00:25:20 MSK 2004

Hello Anatol,

ABB> Имеется проблема с запуском ALM 2.4 под VMware.
ABB> После запуска KDE, при переходе в другие консоли наблюдается удвоение

Отвечаю себе цитатой из форума VMware:

Re: Double screen / mirror image after logging out of XFree86?

It is caused by vesa framebuffer you are using. When X are exiting,
they do not properly restore hardware state, and so kernel believes
that you are using 16bpp while hardware is really programmed to 32bpp.
Due to this you get two pictures side by side, one displaying odd pixel lines, one even.

You can either boot "nofb" kernel image instead of default one
(consult /etc/lilo.conf or /etc/grub.conf for exact name,
I believe it is nofb or nonfb on Mandrake), or you can even build your own kernel,
without any framebuffer support.

Other solution is using vesa driver (instead of vmware) in X. But it is slow...

--
Best regards,
 Anatol