[Comm] [Dyson на Adelphia.net: Re: DVD packet writing]

Konstantin Lepikhov =?iso-8859-1?q?lakostis_=CE=C1_mmti=2Eru?=
Вс Сен 14 14:11:43 MSD 2003

Hi!

Поскольку я не подписан на kernel-devel, то закидываю эту информацию сюда,
очень пригодится тем, кого не устраивает dvd+rw tools, да и вообще иметь в
ядре native поддержку packet writing для DVD+RW очень неплохо.

----- Forwarded message from Dyson <Dyson на Adelphia.net> -----

Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 05:28:34 -0400
From: Dyson <Dyson на Adelphia.net>
To: John Williams <john на pond-weed.com>
Cc: packet-writing на suse.com
Subject: Re: DVD packet writing
Mailing-List: contact packet-writing-help на suse.com; run by ezmlm

Hi-

I put another patch at http://dyson.kristenscatbeds.com that is written
for Linux-2.4.22.  It joins the three patches together.

This includes John Williams' patch, the packet-2.4.22 patch by Jens
Axboe and the DVD+RW patch by Andy Polyakov.

I used a Philips DVDRW228 and it worked fine as long as I used cdrwtool
with /dev/pktcdvd0 instead of /dev/scd0.

I used the udf format instructions from Andy Polyakov's DVD+RW for Linux
site.

I also have a USB/Firewire HP DVD 300e I will try it on later.

The computer does stop responding if I use cp -R (some huge directory
with many small files)   /cdrom/   -but this was true before as well.

Thanks,

Dyson