[Comm] [j_r_fonseca на yahoo.co.uk: [Dri-devel] New snapshots available - please test (Was: Snaps for gcc<3, glibc-2.2)]

Konstantin Lepikhov =?iso-8859-1?q?lakostis_=CE=C1_pisem=2Enet?=
Пт Окт 4 16:58:56 MSD 2002

Hi!

Всем пользователям бинарей с dri.sf.net большая просьба протестить и
поделится впечатлениями :)

----- Forwarded message from Jos? Fonseca <j_r_fonseca на yahoo.co.uk> -----

Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:40:32 +0100
From: Jos? Fonseca <j_r_fonseca на yahoo.co.uk>
To: Jens Owen <jens на tungstengraphics.com>
Cc: DRI-Devel <dri-devel на lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Dri-devel] New snapshots available - please test (Was: Snaps for gcc<3, glibc-2.2)

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 05:02:44PM -0600, Jens Owen wrote:
>Jos? Fonseca wrote:
>
>>Anyway, I already have the minimum chroot environment setup. I just
>>need
>>to test it with a few snapshots, and arrange so that everything can be
>>automated from a cronjob again.

Ok. I've just finished building a set of snapshots from the HEAD with
this chroot environment. They are available from the usual place with
a build tag of *-20021004-linux.i386.tar.bz2 .

As said before these snapshots were made in a chroot environment, based
on Gentoo Linux 1.2, with gcc-2.95.3, glib-2.2.5, and xfree-4.2.0.

>Your awesome!  Thanks for your effort on these snapshots.

It's nothing much, really. I've been using Gentoo Linux on my laptop for
quite a while and I've always proceeded this way, i.e., by making a
chroot environment where I install everything I need (from source which
takes several days) and then move everything to the root and reboot. This
way I can keep working during the process. The Gentoo Linux installation
documentation pretty much describes all the process very nicely.

The trickiest part that I still have to solve is doing this from
crontab without opening a security hole on my machine - chroot requires
root priveledges but I can't download, compile and _run_ code from the
internet as root. My plan is to put it on root's cron job but call 'su'
to become a regular user.

This assuming, of course, that these snapshots are indeed the promised
holly graal. Please test.

Jos? Fonseca

WBR, Konstantin

ZAO ELKATEL Network/Security assistant