[mdk-re] Oracle8i + Spring2001

Aleksey Novodvorsky =?iso-8859-1?q?aen_=CE=C1_logic=2Eru?=
Ср Июл 18 01:44:10 MSD 2001

"Alexey N. Titov" wrote:

> Точно такая же проблема и у меня --
> куча core  - файлов в $ORACLE_HOME/dbs

Господа, а вот это вы читали? :
atch Description
                          -----------------

                          Oracle8i for Linux is shipped with archived
objects which were compiled using
                          glibc-2.1.3. The executable components are
then linked at install-time using
                          these archives. Due to compatibility
limitations in glibc, if the target
                          system for an installation is based on a
later version of glibc, then the
                          executables produced by the linker will not
be valid. As a workaround to
                          this limitation, we have created a set of
stub libraries which are used at
                          link-time only to mimic the contents of
glibc-2.1.3 shared objects. Note
                          that these stub libraries do not contain
valid executable code, and therefore
                          *must NOT* be included in the library path
searched by the dynamic loader
                          (i.e., do not include $ORACLE_HOME/lib/stubs
in LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

                          Instructions for New Oracle8i Installations

                          Install Oracle8i as usual, but choose not to
create a database during install.

                          Once installation is complete, follow the
procedure described in the
                          section "Instructions for Existing
Installations" below. It will then
                          be possible to create a database.

                          Instructions for Existing Oracle8i
Installations

                          Place the tar file glibc-2.1.3-stubs.tar.gz
in $ORACLE_HOME. Make sure
                          ORACLE_HOME is set in your environment. Then
carry out the following steps:

                          cd $ORACLE_HOME
                          tar xvfz glibc-2.1.3-stubs.tar.gz
                          ./setup_stubs.sh

                          You should now be able to use Oracle as
usual.

                          ================
                          Warning
                          ----------------

                          Make sure the directory $ORACLE_HOME/lib is
not listed in your
                          /etc/ld.so.conf. The system could
potentially become unstable after applying
                          this patch in that case. If $ORACLE_HOME/lib
is currently listed in
                          /etc/ld.so.conf, remove it and run ldconfig
before applying this patch.

                          ================================
                          Notes for Application Developers
                          --------------------------------

                          If your application does not require linking
at install sites, then no
                          additional steps are required for your
application to be compatible with
                          glibc or the Oracle8i client shared library
after the installation of this
                          patch. This is true regardless of whether
your application was compiled
                          using glibc-2.1.3 or a later version.

                          If your application is compiled using
glibc-2.1.3 and requires linking at
                          install-time using the Oracle8i client
shared library, then you may also
                          need to link your application using the stub
libraries provided in this
                          patch. For example, an application which
might typically be linked as
                          follows on a glibc-2.1.3 based system:

                          gcc -o app app.o -L$ORACLE_HOME/lib -lclntsh

                          should now be linked as follows on systems
with a newer version of glibc,
                          in order to ensure compatibility:

                          gcc -o app app.o -L$ORACLE_HOME/lib
-L$ORACLE_HOME/lib/stubs -lclntsh

                          If your application is compiled using a
version of glibc later than 2.1.3
                          and requires linking at install-time using
the Oracle8i client shared
                          library, then you must NOT link your
application with the stub libraries
                          provided in this patch. Doing so may either
cause the link to fail or the
                          resulting executables to be invalid.

                          Note that the stub libraries provided in
this patch only cover the shared
                          objects that make up glibc. If your
application must be linked at install-
                          time with other shared objects which were
built to have dependencies on the
                          locally installed version of glibc (e.g.,
X11), then your application must
                          be compiled using the same version of glibc
that was used by those other
                          components. For example, on a system with
glibc-2.2, linking your
                          application with libX11.so will fail if you
attempt to use the glibc-2.1.3
                          stub libraries, since libX11.so on that
system will have been compiled and
                          linked using glibc-2.2.

                          ================
                          Revision History
                          ----------------

                          06-FEB-2001: added ldconfig warning to
README
                          08-FEB-2001: added libnsl.so stub needed for
OPS cm/nm
                          28-FEB-2001: move stub libraries from
$OH/lib to $OH/lib/stubs
                          01-MAR-2001: added stubs for all remaining
glibc libraries
                          14-MAR-2001: added setup_stubs.sh to
simplify installation
                          16-MAR-2001: added patch description and
notes for application developers

Но нужна регистрация. Если у вас проблемы с регистрацией, -- напишите
мне лично.

Rgrds, AEN