[mdk-re] From" Linux Announce" news group

Alexandre Redko =?iso-8859-1?q?Mandrake_=CE=C1_zlkz=2Espnet=2Eru?=
Пн Янв 15 14:48:00 MSK 2001

Hello,

I have compiled RPM packages of the 2.4.0 Linux kernel, including the
"international crypto patch".

These packages are unofficial and experimental, they are not supported by
MandrakeSoft.

These packages can be installed over an existing Mandrake 7.2 installation,
and are probably compatable with a recent RedHat as well.

I started from the Mandrake RPM development kernel sources:
ftp://sunsite.uio.no/pub/Linux/Mandrake-devel/SRPMS/kernel-2.4.0-2mdk.src.rp

and the international crypto patch:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/crypto/v2.4/patch-int-2.4.0.2.bz2

I have also built RPMs for the mount, umount and losetup utilities,
necessary for using disk encryption, starting also from the Mandrake RPM
sources:
ftp://sunsite.uio.no/pub/Linux/Mandrake-devel/SRPMS/mount-2.10q-1mdk.src.rpm

**
The crypto-enabled kernel RPMs are available from:
ftp://ftp.i-quake.com/pub/linux/kernel-crypto/Mandrake-unofficial/RPMS
**

If you wish to mirror these packages on other FTP sites, please feel free
to do so.

Only little problem encountered while building the packages:
The "supermount" module doesn't compile with the 2.4.0 kernel.
According to supermount's author, this patch is truly not compatable with
the latest kernel versions.

If you install the 2.4 kernel over a Mandrake-Linux system, you will have
to live without supermount.

Please feel free to send me your remarks and comments about these packages.

Best regards.

Michel Bouissou - OpenPGP DH/DSS ID 0x5C2BEE8F
michel на bouissou.net

- --
http://www.iki.fi/mjr/cola-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating
signature.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce на news.ornl.gov
This group is archived at http://www.iki.fi/mjr/linux/cola.html

Regards to All
Alexandr Redko
LU # 178842